Pages

▼

Tuesday

NO More Disposal Swiffer Cloths For Me !!



Over the years I've always looked for the economical way to do my house work and to not buy anything that I had to use and toss in the trash.  Like paper towels, napkins and so many other items that were both a waist of money and not good for the environment.

I finally joined the ranks of women/men who will no longer buy Swiffer toss away cloths.

After rooting through my old bath towels I found one and cut it into 6 pieces, zigzagged around the edges with my sewing machine and in a matter of 10 minutes had 6 washable Swiffer cloth's.
 Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Swiffer sweeper.  It works so well on my floors and is easy to clean up in a matter of minutes.
I found that dry or wet Terrycloth works just as well picking up dust and dirt.



Yes, I can use my new Terry Cloth cleaners,  and simply toss them in the machine to wash.



No more spending on disposal cloths. You know, I used two a day and that can run into serious trash and money.


 I'm so proud of me!




I'm linking up to




16 comments:

  1. Do they really PICK UP the dust and dirt???? If so I am convinced too. But I don't have a sewing machine:(:( XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the second time in two days that I've seen someone making their own swipes!
    I say KUDOS TO ALL OF YOU!
    great project and money saver.

    ~Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a smart girl you are... a savvy saver too!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both the wet and dry Swiffer cloths, but you really have a point about the cost and the waste. I think I'll cut up some old towels, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic idea...I'm all about cutting out the endless spending at the moment when we can reuse & repurpose items we normally throw out.
    Thanks for the tip!
    x Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! Saving money makes anybody to do the happy dance! :)

    http://www.remodelandolacasa.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since I have towels from when we married (34 years ago!) I could make an endless supply of cloths, dear lady.....now you've given me something to do with them!

    I always wondered if the Swiffer sweeper worked or not. Now that I see you love yours, I'm sold. I shall be buying one at my earliest convenience and will be putting the old towels and sewing machine to work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use old washclothes on mine. They are the perfect size and like you said they are washable and I love saving money by not buying the Swiffer brand cloths. Love the idea of cutting up an old towel. I have one or two of those around the house I could use. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been using old washcloths as swiffer cloths for years. They work great and are the perfect size. I do love the idea of making use of old towels too. I have a few of those I could put to good use. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love my Swiffer, too, but hate the disposable aspect. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for this great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a good idea. I would love for you to drop by My Dream Canvas as well :-) I’m visiting from Wow Us Wednesdays. Really like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just bought a small box for around $15, yep they're expensive in The Bahamas. I have tons of wash cloths & towels so I'm going to give this a try, if it works I'll never by another swifter cloth again! I'm now a follower and would appreciate it if you could follow me back. Tx

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!