Friday

Zebra Plant


Three years ago my good friend "Ingrid" gave me this tiny little house plant. A "Zebra" plant... it had only one flower and my being a "Transplanted Northerner" I always thought "It belonged in the house".... but I put it out on the deck about two years ago and found it loves Florida weather!  This week I noticed it blooming once again.. this year it had two blooms!  It's flowers come out twice a year.    


 "Ingrid" passed away, two years this September,  just three months from being diagnosed with  "Pancreatic Cancer"... So' as you might guess, "this plant is very special to me".


I find myself covering it when it rains too much, or taking it out of the sun when it's much too hot. I'll do almost anything to keep my "Zebra Plant" healthy. 


A few weeks after "Ingrid" died her husband told me "I could have anything I wanted" from her garden.. this little "Garden Sign" was all I wanted... "Ingrid" did,  "Plant Kindness and Harvest Love".



I think this year I'll re-pot my "Zebra Plant"... a larger pot.   I'll go find some really nice, unusual pot to display it's beauty,, maybe next year she will give me "Three Flowers".......


"Enjoy Your Weekend Everyone" 


9 comments:

Nancy's Notes said...

What a special Zebra plant, how wonderful that it was given to you by your friend, Ingrid. What a precious yard sign, thanks for sharing your heartfelt thoughts and photographs with us.

Nancy

Granny said...

I love that plant. It is gorgeous. You seem to have the perfect climate for it. That little plant marker is so precious and I see that you marked Ingrid's name on it.

Chef Bee said...

I love the marker with her name on it. I'm jealous of you because I have no green thumb at all. Beautiful pictures.

Plan B

Sarah said...

Your zebra plant receives lots of special attention, and obviously your love and care are good for it. Beautiful plant. ~ Sarah

Anonymous said...

Hi there....new follower from the Friday Blog Hops. Great blog here, looks really interesting.

Hoping you'll drop by for a visit when you get a moment. I love new followers and friends.

Thanks

Marie


The Things We Find Inside

Anonymous said...

Wow! Cool looking plant! My new favorite is that TickleMe Plant. They have a greenhouse to easily grow it in. The TickleMe Plant has to be one of the most amazing plants I have ever seen. Just Tickle It
and watch it go into action!!
Search TickleMe Plant if you want a plant that makes everyone smile

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What a sweet story and I love your Zebra plant and the marker. I have a peace plant that is special to me.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

What a wonderful story. The flower is so pretty, and the garden sign is such a nice reminder of your friend. I can see why this would be a Favorite Thing. I'm so sorry about your loss of your friend, but how wonderful that you have a living, beautifu plant to remind you of your time together. Thank you for linking to Favorite Things Sat. laurie

the cape on the corner said...

love that interesting plant, and it is really special that you are able to have that reminder of your dear friend. thanks for sharing with us!