Saturday

Merry Christmas to all our Protectors, especially one Great Woman....


 I made Christmas Stocking for my son and his family a few weeks ago you can see them here 
We have a Detective friend who now lives in the mountains of Georiga.  She grew up in Nome, Alaska and is a great fan of the Polar Bear.  When she saw the stockings I made my kids she loved them, especially the one with the Polar Bear on it...  Aleta is also like a sister to my son and they both have maintained a close bond since working together with the US Coast Guard up in Alaska.
The other day Aleta mentioned how much she loved the stockings and how she had a great attraction to the Polar Bear.

 Aleta is one of those wonderful women who has given her all to our country.  She retired from the US Coast Guard and then worked in law enforcement ever since.  She is my hero!  She also does things that I'm so afraid of doing.  Like ride through the borders with "Misha" her beautiful Officer K9.  

Or through the icy mountains of Alaska on her motorcycle or jeep.. she has done some pretty extraordinary  work and now works for the US Department of Veterans Affairs  helping keep the peace.    
 "Aleta is all I ever wanted to be and I'm so proud to call her my friend"
I'm happy to say she received her stocking yesterday, just in time to hang on her mantel for Christmas.  Our Country has so many great people like Aleta and I want to wish her and  all our protectors a wonderful.... "Merry Christmas"


5 comments:

Aleta Walker said...

Thank you Sandy for your wonderful words and for being the amazing woman you are. Your son Tom is like a brother to me and I feel blessed to have your family in my life. You made my Christmas this year. Wishing you and your family a magical holiday season and a very Merry Christmas.

With much love, Aleta

THEemmanuel'sWife said...

She is a great person...and fun too!

THEemmanuel'sWife said...

Such a nice tribute to a great lady. You ROCK!

Meredith @ The Laundry Can Wait said...

What a wonderful gesture to give her this stocking. Also, I love Misha!

Blessings,
Meredith

Meredith @ The Laundry Can Wait said...

What a wonderful gesture to give her this stocking. Also, I love Misha!

Blessings,
Meredith