Monday

I found a 4yd piece of baby flannel for $1.00....


 While digging through a box of fabrics in a garage sale I found a 4yd piece of the sweetest flannel  and it was all of $1.00
It has the words, "I love Grandma" all over it. I thought I was finished making new baby gear then  after getting it home I put it in the washer and dryer then thought it would make such nice receiving blankets for my new grandbaby to be.  I had 4 weeks to get it made and in the mail to my daughter in OKC.  After cutting and sewing 3 of the blankets I still had some of the fabric left over and then my mind went into overdrive.  
"What do I do with what's left"?

 I went to the fabric store and purchased a contrasting 1/2 yd of flannel and made two bibs that would hold on to the pacifier. First I cut a paper pattern and used the contrasting as a lining. Then a bit of velcro to hold the pacifier in place.



 I still had some of the fabric left then thought the baby needed a rag doll.  

Don't tell the Mr. but I took one of his old tee shirts cut into teeny size (with a pocket...gota make it as authentic as I could)
Now for the hair, face and little baseball cap (from an old pair of jeans) and  purple crochet  socks. 

I used permanent marker for the face.

 The cap needed an embroidered "P" for the family name.




 As most of you know, this will be my daughters 4th child and since the first one 9 years ago I can't tell you how many things I've made for the 3 boys.  With fingers crossed I'm secretly hoping for a girl.  Just think of all the cutesie things I could make for her.   If it's a boy we all are going to so happy, especially his brothers.  They want another boy to join the sports teams they have created with their dad.    Then I'll have to get started on a crib quilt to match the brothers. See them here. 
If it's a girl.. ok, I'll not go there (yet).
Only 3 to 4 weeks and this little one will enter the world.
This babys gender is the "Sweet surprise of the century" for the entire family, especially my daughter and her husband.  Do you believe the gender of this child is in an envelope stashed in my daughters closet and no one has seen it.

I think I need to stop now (stop making new baby items).  Now to wait, then it's on to 6 month and older sizes.  As you can tell, "I'm so excited"

I'm linking up to


7 comments:

Meredith @ The Laundry Can Wait said...

I love it all! I would be thrilled to have all those things for my littles, so I'm sure they'll be well-recieved. You are a very creative and talented lady.

Hugs,
Meredith

Sherry at The Rusty Pearl said...

Talk about PRECIOUS !!! I love it all. The rag doll is so sweet and would of loved my kido's to of had something like that .. TOO CUTE . YOUR talented my sweet friend .. HUGS and have a blessed week

Sherry at The Rusty Pearl said...

Talk about PRECIOUS !!! I love it all. The rag doll is so sweet and would of loved my kido's to of had something like that .. TOO CUTE . YOUR talented my sweet friend .. HUGS and have a blessed week

Susan said...

OMG, you are so TALENTED, Sandy. Fabulous job on everything. I could NEVER do all that.

Hope the baby's a girl! Susan

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love that fabric! I have one Grandson who will be two in April. They are saying they will have one more child so I'm hoping for a girl but will be thrilled with whatever gender God gives us!!! Fingers crossed for you! Hugs, Linda

Diann said...

The bibs and the doll came out so adorable! And what a great find in that piece of baby flannel! thank you for sharing with us at TTF.

Rhonda said...

I've sewn up lots of bibs but have seen the kind that hold pacifiers- yours are so cute! I am going to add them to do my to-list.
We have 4 grands and 1 due in 2 months- all since 2008.