Wednesday

Garage Sale Finds for January




 Look what I found this past weekend.
I've been wanting a comfee chair to put in my bedroom.  Somewhere I could sit and do my needle work.  The chair is sturdy and very comfortable.  I'm  refinishing the wood white, and recovering with a new quilted fabric. (I'm hand quilting the fabric in the evenings while watching TV) 
Here is a sneak peak.



The best part, the chair was only $5.00
Funny part of this,  the fabric is costing me so much more than the chair. But then I  love refinishing furniture so this is not a chore for me.  It's fun! 

 

I started the work this week by taking the old denim fabric that was used to cover it.  The chair was hand painted a dull off brown/cream color of sorts.  It was sticky with age. Then I started removing the side panel that was once rattan. 






I used the electric sander on the wood, as there was much to sand.   I had to removed as much of the paint as possible because as I said, it was sticky and I'm finding I could just peel it off the existing wood.


Another of my finds,  a really nice heavy wicker basket with a lid.
This will be painted white and used in the upstairs bathroom as my new trash can.
I love the idea of a lid. Who wants to see the trash!


  Today I started painting the chair.  I used a primer then  the first coat of spray paint.
Lookin good!


Once I get more work done on both of my finds, I'll be sure to share the finished product.

* * * * *

 Now that the Holidays are behind us the towns around me, here in the Tampa Bay area, are back in garage sale mode and there are plenty to choose from.
I know winter is upon everyone up North but we are in the chilly 50's and 60's.  Perfect weather for yard and garage sales. I'll be back out on Saturday looking for a new (new to me)  floor lamp and foot stool for my new sitting area in my bedroom.
Hope your all having a warm January.

Happy Friday the 13th 

* * *

I'm linking up to





(((huggss)))

7 comments:

Abby said...

wow!!! That chair is undergoing quite a transformation. You're good!

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

That is a great find! I can't wait to see the quilted fabric on it. It's going to look fabulous. I have 2 smaller chairs that were my moms that I need to redo. They have some caning on the sides as well.

Vicki/Jake said...

Came back over from the comment you made on my ranting post:)Now you got me...I love seeing the end product of re doing things. I'll have to go check on some past posts now. Never thought of having crochet rugs/mats on the floor. Do they slide? Looks soft...

Your music is indeed soothing, but I did scroll down and turn it off after a bit, if you read some of my commenters, it can be distracting to some. But to each their own, we all have choices:)

Have fun with the new yard sale finds, They won't start up where I live again till May, then into the fall. I'll be back to see what you find. Have a great 13th yourself:)

Anonymous said...

That is going to be a super cozy area in your bedroom! GREAT chair!

Honey at 2805 said...

Wow, what a great transformation! I appreciate you linking this beautiy to Potpourri Friday!

Toodie said...

Looks great so far; can't wait to see the finished product! It's going to be fabulous!

Anonymous said...

overland belt conveyor design software http://downloadoemsoftware.co.uk/es/category-11/Herramientas-de-sistema?page=23 computer time management software alarm free [url=http://downloadoemsoftware.co.uk/product-36897/Sothink-SWF-Decompiler-6-5]t3 telecom software[/url] palo alto software marketing plan pro
[url=http://downloadoemsoftware.co.uk/fr/product-33767/Autodesk-AutoCAD-2012-x64]Autodesk AutoCAD 2012 x64 - Cheap Legal OEM Software, Software Sale, Download OEM[/url] symphony software sap
[url=http://downloadoemsoftware.co.uk/de/product-35529/Chronos-F10-Launch-Studio-3-MacOSX][img]http://buyoem.co.uk/image/4.gif[/img][/url]