Friday

I need new daily dinner ware, really bad!



I've been on a search for some new daily use dinnerware. After wandering a few stores I noticed how nice some of the sets were.
The stores have such pretty summer table settings.
I wanted a set of bright fun colors.  Yellow and blue and greens seemed to be popular.


The cream color is very nice but a bit boring.


Although watermelon is cute, it's just not something I would use on a daily basis, this set needs to be for a fun luncheon by the pool.


 For some reason I really like the set below. I can see my breakfast cereal in the bowl and also a casual dinner on the sweet floral plates.


 I really love the square or odd shaped plates and the blue floral is very pretty but, for some reason I just don't like food on plates with designs.  My food is competing with the pattern. 




 If you were to look in my kitchen cabinets you may find my every day dishes a bit boring,,, every piece is white.  Yes, I love simple white, odd shaped dinner plates.  As I said, I can see the food on white.  



I think I need to go back to the stores and keep looking for my new set of daily dinner ware.  
Nice way to spend a Saturday morning, Pier1 and HomeGoods, sounds good to me.


I'm linking up to














8 comments:

Joy said...

Oh this is the best post! I too have all white dishes, and I'm so tired of them. I love all the ones you looked at also. I love the square green ones. I saw a cute set at pier1 and I thought the green sq would look so cute with the sq floral. I just haven't made up my mind. I love your style in fabric so I will watch for what you find :). Have fun.

Pondside said...

Have fun looking! I love dishes and use different dishes often during the week. I'll bet you'll find just what you're looking for - the perfect combination of colour and pattern.

Robin said...

I like to eat my food off a white plate or at least no pattern too. I just bought a white set with a raised seashell design for everyday use and I'm very happy with it. Thanks for showing us some of your choices. So bright and summery looking (especically the watermelon)

Robin
Robin Flies South

Sherry said...

I like the picture of your first dinnerware. I never give much thought to my dinnerware but may I should. My food is sometimes boring so I'll probably need something with lots of color :) thanks for sharing.

xinex said...

So many beautiful dishes, good luck in finding the ones that most appeal to you....Christine

Barbara said...

It was so much fun looking at dishes with you! I love seeing all the bright colors. I love my white dishes but colors can be so much fun too!

Kathleen said...

Loved seeing all those beautiful dishes! Yep, you have to really love it to be happy with it everyday for many years! Good luck with your search!
Thanks so much for linking to Let's Dish!
Mother's Day Challenge this Wed at 7! :)

Be Colorful Coastal said...

I love dishes too and there are so many fun options here. My everyday dishes are white and I love love love them. They are very simple so I can incorporate fun patterns like any of these to change them up for various occasions. Thanks for sharing this week on BeColorful
pam