Sunday

"Turning a Thrift Store Find into Something Special"


I found this sweet little sign in a thrift store.  Sorry to say I forgot to take a photo before I added a few features to it.

As I mentioned in a previous post, my daughter just bought her first home and she is beside herself with glee.  She is also bringing her two cats to their new home and this little sign was a simple one painted with the wording  
"A Home Without (Cats) Is Just a House"

The painted cat was simply "Pink" in color with a "Blue" bow. It needed more color so I got out my craft paint and added the tiger stripes and changed the bow to "Red".  Then I added 
"Maya and Tessa's" names.

Although the back of the sign has a hole for hanging I wanted to give it a bit more of a country design so I got out my trusty "Nail Can" and found little screw hooks. You know, the ones that will hold wire for hanging.

 







Added a little Raffia Bow. 
My little .50 cent sign now looks like a million.
(well, almost) 
I took it to Cyndi's 4 days ago as she took me on
a grand tour of her new home.



 Sweet, Cyndi just loved it!



I returned from Cyndi's just a few hours ago... her new home is in Jupiter Farms, just west of Jupiter, Fl and I fell in love with the place... a large ranch style home sitting on 1.6 acres and it's in a neighborhood of horse farms.. simply lovely.  Although I don't ride, I asked her if I could park my horse in her yard
(haha)

My little sign,  it's perfect for what ever spot she chooses to hang it.

As Martha would say,
"It's a good thing"

I'm linking up to





 

1 comment:

Donna Heber said...

Hi Sandy,

Adorable altered sign! Your daughter is just going to love it in her new home. Now Maya and Tessa will know they are part of the family too!