Saturday

This is why we go to Garage Sales



This is why we all go to "Garage Sales"
We are looking to "Score"

Akron woman finds out LeBron pendant worth thousands.


When Vaneisha Robinson bought a diamond studded pendant in the shape of LeBron James' number 23 jersey at a yard sale four years ago, she thought it was costume jewelry. "I used to go to high school with it around my neck, not knowing the value of it," Robinson said.
Robinson got curious about the pendant's value a few months ago when she noticed the diamonds were set in the same way real ones are. She took it to a local jewelry store for a once-over.
"They tested the diamonds and they told me that it was real and that I should invest in getting it certified," Robinson said.
Robinson, 20, who is an amateur boxer, saved $200 to pay for a certified appraisal by the International Gemological Institute. The pendant she paid $5 for four years ago is worth nearly $10,000. She's put the jewelry up for sale on eBay. 
Despite the backlash caused by James' decision to leave the Cleveland Cavaliers and play for the Miami heat, Robinson believes the pendant will sell for top dollar.
"LeBron James (sic) brand will never die out," she said.
"If he got a ring it might go up in value. You never know."

 Article by, Curtis Jackson, NewsNet5/WEWS TV

If your all like me, "I'm always looking for that one item that may be worth a bit of money. So far I have not, but who is to say one item of worth will not be sitting on the next 'table' when I walk into someones garage. But I'll tell you, I love all the 'good stuff' I find each week...
Today I found 6 really nice little "cake tins" for $1.00.  Now to me, "That's a find"....

So, keep going to "Garage Sales"... we never know what we might find next! 

"Enjoy your Sunday Everyone"






7 comments:

the cape on the corner said...

ha, yeah, i saw that, but did you see that it may have been stolen? not that she stole it, but that's how it ended up at a yard sale. or something.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Oh wow interesting story! One never knows!!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Great story, I fround a white statue of a lady at a thrift store, she was $7.00 which is more than I usually pay, but she was so pretty, I picked her up and put her down and picked her up again and bought her.. I have a booth at an antique store and when I brought it in to the antique store everyone gasped. It was made by Cowen...big deal I guess? Anyway i sold it for $588.00...That was my biggest find!

Carol

Teri L said...

I love digging around looking for goodies. It's the thrill of the hunt for me. Stories like this feed my addiction. :)

Average Girl said...

My mother sold something a few years ago in a garage sale that she bought brand new in Hawaii in the late 70's, and then a couple of months later we saw an antique dealer trying to pawn it off as 18th century craftmanship.. He tried selling it to a lady for $600.00, we told her where he got it and how he paid $4.50 for it... Kind of makes me giggle when I think about it! But you are right, there is always that one elusive find out there that could make you some money. Good luck on your hunt for one!

Debbie said...

I used to love to watch the Antiques Roadshow for this very reason. I just knew that I would rub the old, tarnished, lamp, and out would pop the genie.

So far, no luck. But it's always fun to wonder if today will be the day!

Lourie said...

I haven't been to one in ages, but you never know what treasures you can find.