Friday

Yummm Pie

Sam's Coconut Chess Pie

My sister Dolly, flew in, about 10 days ago, from her home in Saudi Arabia to her daughters home in Ohio, to sit with her in the last week of pregnancy. The baby was born three days ago and my sister was so happy to be there to witness the birth and to be with her daughter, after sitting around waiting for the baby's arrival she began to get bored.   Moey does not have a car and her husband is away most days working on his MBA. That leaves the two of them stranded.  The mom to be, Moey, was sleeping a lot during the day and this leaves my sis with much time on her hands.   So my sister watches TV and crochets mostly.
Well, she saw this TV show "Road Tasted" you might know it, with the "Dean Boys",  Paula Deans kids.


They travel the country searching for out of the way restaurants with good food.   Dolly  said, "The pies made her mouth water" and she quickly jotted down the internet address and looked into the store mentioned.






The restaurant, "Royers",  is in a small town just outside of Austin, in Round Top, Texas. 
Population 71.


Dolly sent me an e a  a few days ago telling me to "look for a delivery" in two days. Then she went on to tell the story of the TV show and the pies they sell.  I went into the site for the restaurant and saw the pie was $26.50 and it's the delivery, two day, that made me laugh... This woman sure is bored... the delivery charges were more than the pie...
This better be "One very good pie"
Check out the video, click below for the show



 The delivery box of the pie


The Pie came today, it was pretty warm from the UPS trucks heat. I quickly put it in the fridge and let it get cold.
I just finished a piece of this pie and I'll tell you, if you love coconut cream pie, then this is the pie for you!   It was really good!   I'm afraid to count the calories so I'll have to be really careful about how much I eat.  I will put half the pie in the freezer for my sisters arrival after her daughters visit,  if the new mom, lets her leave  (this is the new moms first baby and she will need grandma for weeks I'm sure).   Dolly is coming to me for the holidays and for the cooler weather.  (not Ohio weather but hot desert heat)

If your in need of a good pie for your next dinner party I highly recommend buying from the selection on their web page, if you don't mind spending almost $50.00 for a pie!
No, I'm not compensated for saying this,
"It was good!"

But, a $50.00 pie, that is almost laughable.
  


Or get out your pie pans ladies and make your own!  I think I could make 6 pies for that price....but will they be as good?














3 comments:

Liz @TheHaltonMom said...

Looks sooo good.

Stopping in from the Friday Follow hop. I would love to see you at my blog!

Liz
Twitter
Facebook
The Halton Mom

dollygk said...

You are welcome my dear, I just hope you enjoy it!! he he

Faith said...

I love coconut cream pie, but not for $50, I'll make my own..