Monday

Potting Table


When we bought this town house 6 years ago we found the deck was rotting so finally two years ago we had the deck replaced.



The builders gave me all the left over wood and I started building myself.
I first made two benches then had the great idea to make a Potting Table.



I have used this potting table every day and It's starting to look rather grungy. Although it's treated wood I'm afraid the many rain storms and my potting soil  is going to rot it faster. I also use the hose on it at least 4 times a week.  We did have the deck sealed and stained dark brown to match the outdoor wooded area we live in. 

Time to seal and paint the potting table.


I first thought of a color and almost went to my local HD to buy paint but then I thought about the many cans of paint stored... so I mixed three colors and came out with a rather nice blue. But first I applied an exterior primer.






The color was rather bright and it looked new so I mixed a bit of stain with glaze and applied it ....


Yes... the weathered look.


Although the space is rather small and I still have to store most of my gardening supplies in the store room... this table is perfect for potting.



Looks messy. 
Just as a well used potting  table should be!

Join me at these linky parties


Metamorphosis Monday


I Made the World Cuter

The DIY Project Parade 

Paint Projects Linky Party 

A Marvelous Mess 

Piece of Work 

Wow Us Wednesday 



.
.
.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the colour Sandy. It's given the bench a new life.

x

Darla said...

What a great table Sandy..

Karen said...

Sandy, you have the prettiest potting table I've ever seen. I like the color of the paint, great way to use up odds and ends of paint cans. You are so very organized, trust me!

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

You mixed up a great color. It looks great with the stain. I need to see if I can find a spot for one in my yard.

Scribbler said...

You are so smart to build your own table and mix your own paint. I love the way it turned out.

Unknown said...

Love that potting table. Great color!!! I would love it if you would link this project up to my blog party, A Marvelous Mess....each week I pick one project to feature on my side bar!! Here is the link: http://tinyurl.com/3chfp5t

Bluebirds and Roses said...

Wow beautiful...Inspiring project and blog.

Debbie L said...

Love it!!! Great job.

Pamela said...

Loving the blue!!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Great idea, love the color!!!

bj said...

This is great. I am wanting to build myself a potting table. And, then, SOMEwhere, there's a meme called "I did it without my husband" and I want to link to that. :)))
You did good!
I just became your 296th follower..:)

Cassie Bustamante said...

it looks so happy with its fresh paint! i am not much of a gardener, but this might motivate me! :)

Ellen said...

Your potting table is wonderful. Thanks for visiting me at A Season for All Things. I'm your newest follower and look forward to learning a lot from you! ~ Ellen

Yvonne@StyleBurb said...

Hi Sandy, I love the color you chose for your potting table. I dream of having a potting table all decked out like yours, with everything you need to take care of plants. You must have a green thumb!

Anonymous said...

Great job! It is so cute with the lovely blue paint!

Benita

Southwest Cottage Designs said...

Pretty blue potting table! I've become your new follower this morning. I like the "Jack of all trades" - a person that is never bored in life. Have a wonderful day.

Diane Writes said...

Hello Sandy! I discovered your blog from Savvy Southern Style. I am a participant of the Wow Us Wednesday too. I'm glad to be here in your blog.

I love what you did to the table, especially with the choice of color. My favorite color is blue. hehehe I also love the weathered look of the table. Perfect to complement the gardening materials stored. Another thing I love in your table is the Butterfly designed bird house.

I hope we could develop a connection by following each others blogs. That would really make me happy :)

Have a great day!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Great color and thanks for joining WUW.