Monday

The Church had a Quilt Show and what a wonderful show it was.

When my sister and I walked into the church we all were given one plastic glove not to dirty all the quilts we were to see and touch.  Many large size were draped over the numerous seats in the great hall.

 There were hundreds of finished Quilts, each made by the many friends of the church.
 Each more beautiful than the next.
 Now I've made many  quilts for my family.  Even the grandkids have quilts from grandma but mine are sad compared to some of these.

 I love how the colors of the blue quilt below graduate in hues to create a design.
 The quilt below was the one that really caught my eye.  The card pinned to it said, "I found this in a garage sale and do not have any information other than the date embroidered near one of the signatures, 1940, with the State of Texas under it" This quilt was totally sewn by hand.  Amazing!

My heart did a flutter when I walked into another of the rooms. There were tables set up with scrap fabrics each with price tags of $2.00, $4.00 for pieces measuring 3-4 and 5 yards.  I'll tell you I went into, "I want that and that and that" mode.  There was even a scrap box with a sign that read, "Fill the bag for $1.00". 
Well you know I filled that bag!
Then there were the quilting magazines.  There must have been a few hundreds for .25c each.  I bought $2.00 worth.
I don't want to speak too soon but I'm seriously thinking of finally getting my Esty shop open and think of the projects I'll have to occupy myself all summer long.  I want my shop to be things I've created rather than buying then reselling. 
I have a few items made but need many more before actually opening the shop.
That remains to be seen.
For all of you with shops open know how I'm feeling about getting started and all that is involved.  
"I just need to Believe and it will happen" 

 My youngest daughter is in the home stretch of her 4th pregnancy and today OKC has 'Rocky' the blizzard blowing over her house.  She is doing fine and may or may not make it to her Dr. appointment tomorrow.  I told her try to not go into labor during a blizzard.. her hubby may just have to deliver their baby.  
I may have trouble catching quick a flight?
For all of you in the path of this big storm, stay safe and warm!
xoxox  

I'm joining
Tuesdays To Do List 
Whats it Wednesday 

9 comments:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Each one more beautiful than the other. I have quilt envy!

Sherry at The Rusty Pearl said...

Sandy .. what a beautiful post. I know that the church is proud too that you featured all their beautiful works . I love the pictures and saw a lot of beautiful ones that I would just love to have.. .Have a wonderful week my friend.........Sherry @ The Rusty Pearl

Shannon @ A Cozy Place Called Home said...

I am so envious of all you talented women who quilt. My great aunt makes beautiful quilts and she is in her late 80's. It seems that you had a great time at the show. Good luck with your Etsy plans.

Rhonda said...

What a fun quilt show!
I am in downtown okcity right now and the blizzard never got here. Just rain. The western half of OK is snowed though.
My husband has surgery early tomorrow morning so we came early and are staying in a very unthrifty hotel. But at least we are not worried about getting to the hospital.
Hope every thing is going smooth and safe for your DD

Meredith @ The Laundry Can Wait said...

What a lovely sight seeing all those quilts draped splendidly over the pews. Quilts coupled with pews - it's all symbolic of a simpler time, perhaps.

So much talent was on display!

XOXO,
Meredith

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

What a fabulous idea that quilt show was! I love it, and that they had the foresight to hand out gloves was brilliant. So many sweet patterns and so much attention to detail. Thanks for sharing that. I love the idea!
Liz @ Quirky Vistas

Karen said...

Sandy, the quilt show was amazing, all the gorgeous works of art on display. I have never made a quilt, but can truly appreciate all the hard work that goes into them.

I'm glad you were able to find some nice fabrics and inspirational books too!

Lottie said...

How exciting! Great post!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What beautiful quilts! It's amazing to see so much talent in our communities! And what a great deal you got on fabric and books! You'll love those! Sweet hugs!