Tuesday

My Jughead crochet hats....


My daughter sent a pattern of the cutest "Jughead Crown" and asked if I'd make one for her two year old son... So being the nice grandma that I am, I had to make the other two boys, 6 and 4, each one.. this will eliminate the squabbles...
The design was so simple and took me all of about 1 hour for each and using three colors of yarn, I simply changed the color coordination for each.
All I did was chain 34 stitches, and started a single crochet, then round and round I went... changing colors for the cap surround.
How cute these little hats are and I'm sure the boys will be runing around the house laughing from the moment they put them on their sweet little heads.
Don't laugh, but my not having a childs head to put the hats on, I used a cantaloupe for the photo....

Then for the finished product, I had to announce to all, the hats were
"Made by Grandma"

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope they are big enough!!! My kids have big heads.. lol thank youuuu

Anonymous said...

Those are so cute! What a nice Grandma!! Those were my favorite comics!
Droppin' in from SITS!

Unknown said...

Aww.. They are adorable!

Elisa said...

I like your personal tag, "Grandma made it".

Claudya Martinez said...

Those are wonderful!

dana said...

Great idea! Never seen that before! thanks for sharing!

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

Very cute! Everything is better when it is made by Grandma!!

avisiontoremember said...

This is super cute. I have never seen a hat like this before. Thanks for link!