Monday

Beautiful Morning Watching the Surfers...



The Atlantic Ocean has always been a part of my inner soul.
From my earliest memory I can remember walking on the beach  up and down  the East Coast. My young years living in Miami then those happy days when I took my then young children to the Shore of Jersey, to put their little feet into the bubbling water.  How they laughed.
Before going home from Palm Beach back to Clearwater  my daughter, sister  and I went early in the morning to see the beautiful sunrise pop it's head up.
  By some stroke of luck we stumbled upon the "Juno Surfing Competition"


The spectators and photographers lined the beach waiting for this really exciting sport to begin.
As we walked down the beach stair we saw dozens of wet suited bodies carrying surf boards.  Some were waxing them for the smooth ride they were hoping for.


The weather was perfect today.. Windy and cool. 



Juno Beach is about a 10 minute ride up the beach and is an area with really expensive homes and townhomes lining the road.  I told my daughter when I win the lottery I was going to buy myself a townhome and settle there.. haha
Along the beach you saw so many different people, some walked their dogs and some were doing their Tie-Chi.  The feeling was electric and we could not help but feel happy as the salty air blew through your hair.
Then the competition began.
Dozens of surfers paddled their way out to the large swells getting the feel of the ocean.


The surf on the Florida side of the Atlantic do not produce big swells, but are big enough on good days to offer a good time for these sportsmen.  I don't remember seeing a woman out there on this day.  
I just stood on the pier and took snap after snap on my camera hoping for some good shots.



Then I got the perfect shot of the surfer riding the wave and jumping back over the swell.  I think I had as much fun as he did.

 

I did try my hand at surfing when I was a teen.  Off the coast of California.  All I can say about it was I thought I'd drown a few times.  It was just not for me!
Further down the beach the Wind Surfers were having a ball.

This is one sport that is really hard.  You have to be in shape for it.  I stood for quite a while watching, just don't know how they do it?


As we made our way back to our car around noon I spotted a lonely coconut.


And a sweet little Sea Daisy stretching to the sun.


A few lost Jelly Fish.


It was time to wave bye to my favorite part of the world.  The Atlantic Ocean.  I'll be back in a few months to walk along your shores once again.  It's one thing that has been constant in my life and it's been so good to me!


Ok.. it's the Monday before Thanksgiving and I need to go grocery shopping.  I've got the ham.  My daughters company sent her a full meal box from "Honey Baked Ham" so she would not have to cook.  She was kind enough to give me some of the ham.  Today I get the Turkey.  Cyndi will be driving over on Thursday.  I've got my sister here also and of course Mr. N.  Will be a quiet family day but a good one.  Have to make the pies.. let me get a list going.
How will you be spending your Thanksgiving?
"I pray it's a good day for you and your family"

I'm linking up to


((( huggss)))

3 comments:

Darla said...

I can smell the salt air!

Pondside said...

There's just something about the Atlantic coast - something that's not here on the Pacific. I, too, was born on the Atlantic and I guess it's in my blood.
Your photos are great - I could hear that surf!

Gypsy Heart said...

Beautiful photos, Sandy! Looks like a lot of fun was being had by the surfers, etc. You know, the Pacific and Gulf Coast are my favorites! I absolutely LOVE the area around Destin, FL ~ nothing like those white sugar beaches. I adore CA and Hawaii too. Of course, the Caribbean really makes me happy! Fickle, aren't I? :-)

Glad you had time to visit the beach and snap photos. Enjoy the baking and take it easy!

Happy Thanksgiving ~
xo
Pat