Friday

I've Always Had "The Luck of The Irish".....




On several occasions over the years, I've been told 
"Your full of Blarney"
Well, it could be because in my teens I did kiss the Blarney Stone at the Blarney Castle.  If there is one thing I have, that would be the "Gift of Gab"  Sometimes you just can't shut me up.


My Mother has deep roots in Ireland and wanted us to know where her Father and Mother came from before they migrated to America.  My grandparents were both in their teens when they crossed the pond, and by some stroke of luck met in New York.

My grandfather, his name tells the story of his heritage
"Thomas Patrick Murray" 

My Irish Blood may be mixed with Italian but during St. Patricks Day I'm very Irish, and want to boast it to the world. 



When Irish eyes are smiling, 'tis like the morn in Spring.
In the lilt of Irish laughter
You can hear the angels sing.


When Irish hearts are happy,
All the world seems bright and gay.
And when Irish eyes are smiling, they steal your heart away.
 

"May the luck of the Irish go with you"

((huggss)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely post! Thanks for sharing Joann

Karen said...

Hi Sandy! I'd love to kiss the Blarney Stone. But then, I'd kiss just about any rock, ha.

Love the story about your parents and your previous post about the 'welcome' sign. What a precious memory.

We're almost 80 degrees here today. Unbelievable. I still think there is a blizzard out there with our name on it yet!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!