Monday

Cyndi's collection of Polish Pottery......

                         Zaklad Ceramiczny Stanislaw Wiza





Pottery from the Boleslawiec Region of Poland is among the most famous in the world. In this region that lies in Southern Poland, near the German border, there are many ceramics factories producing wonderful products.
The village of Parowa, located 13 km west of the town of Boleslawiec, has long been an important ceramics production center. There you will find a factory, Zaklad Ceramiczny Stanislaw Wiza, making traditional, hand stamped stoneware of the highest quality.

Because of a careful selection of the right white clay and baking in high temperature kilns, this stoneware with terrestrial glazes is flame proof and microwave safe. And the use of underglaze patterns assures you that the décor is acid and rub proof. The pigments are lead free and ecologically safe so that you can use them to store any type food.





My first daughter, Cyndi lived in Belgum about 6 years,  crossed the border into Poland and bought as many peices as she could carry... such a wonderful collection that graces her china closet... She was good enough to bring me a few pieces and  I cherish them. But I'm sad to say, "she puts the lock on the doors to her china closet, each time I visit"....
 

Notice the little " Tea Pot" at the top of the photo, it was my grandmothers from an English Bone China set she had as a little girl. Her mom, my "greatgrandmother" bought it in England before she migrated to America.  The Tea Pot must be at least 90yrs old.

My little 'Tea Bag Holder'.... but I'm afraid to say, "I keep my postage stamps" in there as I hate to not use it!
The "Framed Photo" to the right is of "Me and my two beautiful daughters".
 

"My "Tea Set"

1 comment:

Kelli @ WhimsiKel said...

I lived in Germany my last three years of high school (my dad was in the AF), and my last year my Christmas present was a trip to Poland (in a tiny car; don't be too impressed!) and money to buy Polish pottery. I LOVE my collection. It sat in a box at my parent's house for the years I was in college living with roommates, but then I was able to take them with me when I got my first place and it was like Christmas all over again! I'm so glad you know the love of Polish pottery!