Saturday

"Ginas new Pin Cushion".....







My daughter has been learning the fine art of 'crafting and stitching' . I found out she keeps her pins and needles in their little 'plastic conainers', you know, the ones that they'r sold in... Feeling sorry for her and knowing, in time she will loose most of those pins, I thought of making her a 'Pin Cushion".

I first 'cross stitched' a little design then went to "JoAnns" fabric store for a heavy fabric, in her brown colors. She loves the 'soft sea colors of blue/green'. I thought of a pin cushion that would have little pockets to hold her needles and thimble. Don't want those little guys getting lost! The fabric is a 'tapstery' and will hold up to all the abuse we 'sewers' give our supplies....



After sewing it together I left a very small opening for the 'polifill stuffing'. I might also add, "I used a rather crude square of 'cardboard' inside to keep the pins from going all the way down, and as you know sometimes the pins and needles 'get lost' in there, the cardboard acts as a 'stop' for them. Notice, I patiently pushed the 'polifill' in with a pencil.
I then 'hand stitched' the opening closed. As you can see, I over stuffed because in time, 'it will flaten out'.

Notice the little 'pockets' on the side.. "We all need pockets on our "Pin cushions"!
I then opted to add a bit of flare with little beeds in brown and green....hand stitched, just to the 4 corners.
I think it's time for me to get a new 'digital' camera.. sorry for the fuzzyness..... You know, I think it's time for me to make myself a new 'Pin Cushion".. mine has to be 15 years old.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

What a sweet little pin cushion. I bet she just loves it!

Thanks so much for linking up to my party! I hope you will share your ideas with us again!

XOXO
Jen

Anonymous said...

hi, new to the site, thanks.