Thursday

"The Embroidery Machine"

I'm sure at one time or another you all have stood in the sewing shop and watched those little machines humming away, making the cutest designs. This is a photo of my machine and I must admit "I don't use it much"... I'm a 'hand needle work" kinda person. But my sister does alot of work on her machine  and has created so many items.. she makes useable little items rather than just designs on fabric.. here are a few of her creations..  She has made hundreds of 'favors' for wedding candy.....



If you will notice the 'roll' in the photo... This is called "Sulky" it is used in place of 'fabric'. It's like a heavy duty plastic wrap but is made of 'startch'. You do the embroidery on this and after the item is finished you simply wet it and the 'sulky' desolves, leaving the finished product in tact... Really a neat idea!




A candy dish.. each section is made then sewn together.....



The "Butterflys" are also made in sections and stitched 'one on top of the other'.



This little 'gift pouch' was embroidered on a nice silk fabric.. You can put your pearls and jewelry in to give to a good friend.


Our Neice "JoJo" with her bedroom Wall hanging...

So if you all want to give this 'craft' a try.. dont be shy, it's really very easy. And with the new technology you can upload many designs from the internet, right into your computerised machine.... 
Maybe one day "I'll find use for my machine, rather than simple sewing"!
Here is the URL to Dollys site... see the many items she has posted..

No comments: